Skip to main content

A Matter Of Choice

A Matter Of Choice - Welcome back to my blog! - For weeks already several TV stations have been relentlessly advertising for the return of a sequel which portrays a serial killer going about artistically and bizarrely finishing his female victims. Every time this action and blood packed trailer is on, I either look away or I just flip channels for the simple reason that I just do not wish to be bothered by this much brutality shown in less than 30 seconds. The show is said to have extremely good audience ratings and is therefore feverishly and impatiently awaited back on the air. Okay, why not. I just don't care for massacre spilling shows at all and could easily go without such disturbing scenes and false cliches. Actually, this post is not at all about what I personally feel about this sort of series and shows. I just can't help thinking of all those easily impressionable kids and mentally sick individuals out there, and I must say that with respect to the generally overwhelming negative influence and the likelihood of a psychologically most devastating impact on exactly those target groups, I am deeply concerned. It may especially be this kind of scenes and motives triggering the irrational consideration that they are worth being copied and re- enacted in reality. Of course, for the sake of the major domestic video game manufacturers as not to get disturbed in making and distributing their partly over- the- top aggressive, brutal and violent games, up to this day the government has not allowed any scientifically proven and well- documented conclusions such as, "Violence in films and games is as a matter of fact responsible for a clear increase of violence in the human behavior". Seriously even a toddler can voice the difference between a harmless and a violent game. No need really to ask for a thorough psychological evaluation here. - Sometimes I feel like pedaling away on my bicycle only to realize - half in shock and half in disbelief - that my parents are no longer running alongside to catch me in case I lost my balance. Again, this is by no means about me per se. Speaking metaphorically, I was let loose decades ago already and have more or less figured out what is good for me and what not. It is definitely not getting any easier with all those options to choose among these days. I'd love to refer to those options as temptations for lots of available ways present themselves as quite seductive and luring. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to find out what it'd be like to smoke and drink since the people in my surrounding just set another example for me. So, it was only natural for me to follow into their footsteps and do what seemed so absolutely natural. Although it would take me 25 years altogether to quit smoking, I have to admit I never really liked the taste of cigarettes, but I smoked simply because it had become a habit. As far as consuming alcohol, my story sounds rather similar. Sure, once in a while I actually do enjoy the taste of liquor, but most alcoholic drinks are simply not to my taste. Strangely, drugs have never done it for me which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I've met hundreds of young people who just like me needed to find out for themselves what and how much of it they liked. Growing up in the Seventies, we certainly had TV,  movie theaters and some video games but nothing of what is being offered nowadays. I think, if I were young again, I would definitely have a much harder time steering my way through all those many temptations. The kids of today are clearly exposed to too much brutality and violence in films, games as well as in reality, too large of a narcotic substance variety and generally too much cyber thrill, gambling, sex and other crap. It can't be easy really to single it all out for anyone in their teens and twenties today. I call this pilgrimage to one's true self an ordeal of permanently having to choose between what's right and what's wrong. Parents must shield their young kids from all the unnecessary negative influences that are hailing down on them on a daily base until they themselves can take decisions mature enough to grow into responsible, sensitive, considerate, compassionate, and well- balanced people.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS Hello everyone! - Today I would like to use a couple of minutes of your time to promote a multitude of e- books which can all be found at very reasonable prices on Amazon. Com under my pen name, NIKA LEANDRA . By now, I have written all kinds of different stories both in English and German. Currently, I am about to finish just another novel in German which should hit the market by April of this year.  Over the last few years I have been publishing hundreds and hundreds of blog entries in English as well as in German on a rather regular base all of which I have selflessly offered at no charge to you.  Now I am reaching out to you, my estimated readers, specifically asking for active YOUR help. Please, start supporting me by acquiring, reading and recommending my works so my career as a book author may finally take off.  Thanks, and God bless you all! Yours sincerely, M. M. 

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)   - Die Dauer unserer Zusammenkünfte mit anderen Seelen mag von einigen Minuten bis hin zu einer Stunde, einem Tag, einer Dekade oder sogar darüber hinaus variieren. Das zeichnet uns grundsätzlich alle aus. Beziehungen lassen sich niemals zeitlich messen sondern vielmehr in geteilten wie gegenseitig beigebrachten Lebenslektionen und kommen durchaus auch zwischen Seelengefährten, Zwillings- und rein theoretisch auch unter Parallelseelen vor. Letztere aber treffen recht unwahrscheinlich zur selben Zeit zusammen. - Lasst mich zuerst auf das Konzept der Zwillingsseelen, Zwillingsflammen oder auch Zwillingsstrahlen eingehen. Kurz zusammengefasst, handelt es sich hierbei um zwei Hälften EIN und DERSELBEN Seele, die zu Anbeginn der Zeit in absolut harmonischer Koexistenz lebten. Selbst als wir uns als Seelen von DER Quelle an sich abspalteten, um uns letztendlich zu individualisieren, waren wir unverändert eins. Jede Seel

Follow The Stars (II)

Follow The Stars (II)   - Over the years I've done quite a few astrological sessions, and I've got to say, the majority had come into that clearly anticipating some fortune telling or rather future- perspective oriented readings but ultimately turned out to be genuinely reconciled and highly grateful for what they had got instead. Thank God, only a handful and thus a ridiculously marginal percentage has turned away, obviously too frustrated or bored with my request to stick with me for the purpose of being taught the basics of their own natal charts, so they could at any later point in time fully relate to the entire matter and recall the details. Those few individuals, though quite likely never had the intention nor the serious interest to truly learn about themselves to begin with and as a result wasted both my time and theirs. Astrology is definitely not some kind of shallow party gag or THE tool of accurate fortune- telling but a renowned and insightful science which hasn&#