Skip to main content

Ridiculous!

Ridiculous! - A belated Hello back to my blog! - I was writing this a few days ago as we were sitting on the plane to Chisasibi in the far north east of Quebec, Canada. We flew out of Montreal which is definitely not a small town airport. Anyways, what we went through was the epitome of aggravation. Having been to many airports already, I'm kind of used to the generally time- consuming ordeals starting with the self- check- in counters, security check points, passport controls, mile- long jogs to the gates, baggage claim, customs, etc. I really thought I'd seen it all - until last Monday morning. After surprisingly having been checked in by an actual person, we were finally headed towards Departures. I could not believe my eyes once we turned around the corner and spotted hundreds of passengers waiting in line. What the heck?! First, we were funneled in what seemed half a mile away from the actual security check point and then driven in long snake lines just like cattle. I glanced at my watch and instantaneously knew that there was no way on earth to still catch our flight unless something changed quickly. We saw airport personnel run around and call out for flights that were due to be boarded. Thank God, we were also pulled out last minute. Just like several other travelers we, too, had to take the shortest way which meant crawling from under the security corals and cross five or six lanes at once. This is ridiculous, I yelled out in disbelief. What's the sense of any of this, I seriously wonder? First, they make you stand in line for half an hour or longer, and then they pick you out like raisins out of a cake, so all those on smaller air lines wouldn't miss their flights. Now the lucky ones disrupt the ones still waiting to be driven further down to the multiple security check- up ports. I've got to say, I really liked and enjoyed flying back in the eighties and nineties when you could still smoke, when alcoholic beverages were still complementary, when food was still tasty and plenty, and when the few hours before take- off were still rather stress free. Back then flying and traveling used to be luxurious, exciting and a lot of fun. Flights suddenly started to get incredibly affordable which made it even more worthwhile. Then 9/ 11 came and went with its senseless tragic and left nothing but a trail of over- regulations, double and triple controls, many contradicting laws and rules, etc. In the end, the ticket prices slowly climbed back up to what we would usually pay on average for a round trip fare about twenty years before. With few exceptions every now and then, the rates have generally exceeded any reasonably sensitive price limits by now mostly due to all those extra safety measures imposed. A handful of heinous terrorists acts have forced a 360 degree change upon the entire planet. Absolutely incredible if you ask me! It just doesn't make any more fun to travel by plane these days. I, for my part, have had my fair share and will not pursue many more adventures of this kind for the simple reason that it keeps getting more and more hectic, stressful and above all insanely costly. More and more often I hear old folks complain about having to take their shoes, pullovers, cardigans, jackets, belts, scarves, etc. off. I do fully sympathize with them on that, however, this doesn't really change anything. There's unfortunately so much more to deal with when it comes to air travel. My grumpy facial expression has unfortunately contributed to thorough controls several times. I must indeed convey such a tensed- up and cranky impression altogether that I apparently attract this kind of extra annoyance just like a crap magnet. Every time I check in to return to America, my boarding cards are held back until I physically enter the States where they basically detain me at the Customs and Immigration for as long as my green card status is checked and I'm finally cleared to continue my journey. Last time as we were waiting again for a good 50 minutes or so, I was whispering to other foreigners, and they all said the same. They, too, are growing sick and tired of traveling and are thinking about retiring from it. Well, what does this tell you? - This time, though, all the waiting was worth it as we spent a few great days up in Chisasibi with the fantastic tribe of the Cree nation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS Hello everyone! - Today I would like to use a couple of minutes of your time to promote a multitude of e- books which can all be found at very reasonable prices on Amazon. Com under my pen name, NIKA LEANDRA . By now, I have written all kinds of different stories both in English and German. Currently, I am about to finish just another novel in German which should hit the market by April of this year.  Over the last few years I have been publishing hundreds and hundreds of blog entries in English as well as in German on a rather regular base all of which I have selflessly offered at no charge to you.  Now I am reaching out to you, my estimated readers, specifically asking for active YOUR help. Please, start supporting me by acquiring, reading and recommending my works so my career as a book author may finally take off.  Thanks, and God bless you all! Yours sincerely, M. M. 

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)   - Die Dauer unserer Zusammenkünfte mit anderen Seelen mag von einigen Minuten bis hin zu einer Stunde, einem Tag, einer Dekade oder sogar darüber hinaus variieren. Das zeichnet uns grundsätzlich alle aus. Beziehungen lassen sich niemals zeitlich messen sondern vielmehr in geteilten wie gegenseitig beigebrachten Lebenslektionen und kommen durchaus auch zwischen Seelengefährten, Zwillings- und rein theoretisch auch unter Parallelseelen vor. Letztere aber treffen recht unwahrscheinlich zur selben Zeit zusammen. - Lasst mich zuerst auf das Konzept der Zwillingsseelen, Zwillingsflammen oder auch Zwillingsstrahlen eingehen. Kurz zusammengefasst, handelt es sich hierbei um zwei Hälften EIN und DERSELBEN Seele, die zu Anbeginn der Zeit in absolut harmonischer Koexistenz lebten. Selbst als wir uns als Seelen von DER Quelle an sich abspalteten, um uns letztendlich zu individualisieren, waren wir unverändert eins. Jede Seel

Follow The Stars (II)

Follow The Stars (II)   - Over the years I've done quite a few astrological sessions, and I've got to say, the majority had come into that clearly anticipating some fortune telling or rather future- perspective oriented readings but ultimately turned out to be genuinely reconciled and highly grateful for what they had got instead. Thank God, only a handful and thus a ridiculously marginal percentage has turned away, obviously too frustrated or bored with my request to stick with me for the purpose of being taught the basics of their own natal charts, so they could at any later point in time fully relate to the entire matter and recall the details. Those few individuals, though quite likely never had the intention nor the serious interest to truly learn about themselves to begin with and as a result wasted both my time and theirs. Astrology is definitely not some kind of shallow party gag or THE tool of accurate fortune- telling but a renowned and insightful science which hasn&#