Skip to main content
Nice Job, You're Fired!  A warm Good Morning from the chilly Northeast! - Last Saturday we were watching a two- minute cooking segment which was devoted to promoting a local bar & grill place. The two men supposedly chefs of that bar and restaurant quickly degraded themselves to sole wanna be cooks by means of poor postures and highly unprofessional methods of prepping and cooking their food. First of all, the meal itself was not just an utterly unappetizing and totally mismatching spin of an average Italian pasta dish but above all a promising indicator for a massive heartburn later on. Sure, those two clowns could swiftly fall back on the excusable fact that no meal in the world could ever be cooked in just two minutes, thus rely on the magic of TV, and I quote, "Just plop the pasta and the tomato sauce on it all", and replace that visually disgusting blend of raw shrimp, Italian sausage, pale and unseasoned strips of chicken breast, pasta, and tomato sauce with an even more appallingly appearing ready version. Yuck! - Now a complete change of scene. About two years ago, I decided on a whim to go and get a nice hair- cut plus some color. At least that was the plan. Anyway, I got there and should have turned on my heel right away at the sight of a dead empty hair salon, but instead I stayed and was going to experience hair- treatment of incomparably hard- core disaster. I just love the term plop as it so well describes the way the so desired color blond was applied to my hair. First a clumsy plop on my left side across my bangs and down my eyebrow, nose and chin. Then another slap onto the right side right into my ear and down my neck. God Gracious, she would rather catch the flies at a ball game than the ball itself! Never mind, this weirdly slushy concoction she slathered on saturated and set my poor scalp on fire. She then sat me under the hair dryer, and it wasn't until then that that burning sensation spread across my whole head, my face, neck and throat included. Please, spare me to reveal the outcome to you as I'm still somewhat traumatized considering the fact I had just come in for some high- lights but almost went bald. Ouch!
Last but not least, scene number three which only took place yesterday morning at the gym.
While we were huffing and puffing on the treadmills, I was watching a staff guy as he was repulsively lethargically and visibly unwillingly leading a newly recruited couple through the facility. His words: "As you can see, here's the treadmills, climbers, bikes, and TVs." - Really, you moron? I looked at those folks who appeared just as little thrilled as that young dude. Wow! - Okay, what could these three occurrences possibly have in common? Exactly, they all lack passion, heart, soul, whatever you might want to call it, and unfortunately such is not just the exception to the rule here but quite frankly the contrary. Many times we have been to eateries which should be rated minus three stars and closed immediately rather than be falsely praised and kept open forever. Several times I have put my faith and hair into the hands of some poorly- trained and/ or just work- reluctant female, and on quite a number of occasions I've had to experience 'the same old crap just on different days' at the fitness center. I've got so sick of unskilled and totally unmotivated so called trainers that one in a while I simply take over and inform newbies about machines, products and work- out exercises.
Cooking is certainly no problem at all as we both know how to prepare delicious meals, but as far as cutting hair, well, this remains to be seen. Just kidding although I've got to admit, my husband has done a really good job on high- lighting my hair! Thank God, I've found a fantastic hair- dresser after all, and she loves her job! That's exactly where the crux lies. In this country there are way too many folks working jobs they don't even like let alone do well! Without passion though, they are doomed to fail miserably. Plain and simple. Has this as a consequence opened the flood gates for millions of lawyers happily pursuing billions of law- suits, I wonder?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS Hello everyone! - Today I would like to use a couple of minutes of your time to promote a multitude of e- books which can all be found at very reasonable prices on Amazon. Com under my pen name, NIKA LEANDRA . By now, I have written all kinds of different stories both in English and German. Currently, I am about to finish just another novel in German which should hit the market by April of this year.  Over the last few years I have been publishing hundreds and hundreds of blog entries in English as well as in German on a rather regular base all of which I have selflessly offered at no charge to you.  Now I am reaching out to you, my estimated readers, specifically asking for active YOUR help. Please, start supporting me by acquiring, reading and recommending my works so my career as a book author may finally take off.  Thanks, and God bless you all! Yours sincerely, M. M. 

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)   - Die Dauer unserer Zusammenkünfte mit anderen Seelen mag von einigen Minuten bis hin zu einer Stunde, einem Tag, einer Dekade oder sogar darüber hinaus variieren. Das zeichnet uns grundsätzlich alle aus. Beziehungen lassen sich niemals zeitlich messen sondern vielmehr in geteilten wie gegenseitig beigebrachten Lebenslektionen und kommen durchaus auch zwischen Seelengefährten, Zwillings- und rein theoretisch auch unter Parallelseelen vor. Letztere aber treffen recht unwahrscheinlich zur selben Zeit zusammen. - Lasst mich zuerst auf das Konzept der Zwillingsseelen, Zwillingsflammen oder auch Zwillingsstrahlen eingehen. Kurz zusammengefasst, handelt es sich hierbei um zwei Hälften EIN und DERSELBEN Seele, die zu Anbeginn der Zeit in absolut harmonischer Koexistenz lebten. Selbst als wir uns als Seelen von DER Quelle an sich abspalteten, um uns letztendlich zu individualisieren, waren wir unverändert eins. Jede Seel

Follow The Stars (II)

Follow The Stars (II)   - Over the years I've done quite a few astrological sessions, and I've got to say, the majority had come into that clearly anticipating some fortune telling or rather future- perspective oriented readings but ultimately turned out to be genuinely reconciled and highly grateful for what they had got instead. Thank God, only a handful and thus a ridiculously marginal percentage has turned away, obviously too frustrated or bored with my request to stick with me for the purpose of being taught the basics of their own natal charts, so they could at any later point in time fully relate to the entire matter and recall the details. Those few individuals, though quite likely never had the intention nor the serious interest to truly learn about themselves to begin with and as a result wasted both my time and theirs. Astrology is definitely not some kind of shallow party gag or THE tool of accurate fortune- telling but a renowned and insightful science which hasn&#