Skip to main content

The Law Of Attraction Versus Repulsion (III)

The Law Of Attraction Versus Repulsion (III) - "You are what you attract [and repulse] and vice versa." This I was once told by one of my valuable longtime mentors. You see, I could just not resist adding that insertion, though for the simple reason that wherever there is attraction, there naturally must be occurring repulsion, too - according to the earthly principle of duality. - All right, what does this signify in particular? Considering myself a unique but nonetheless fairly unspectacular mixture of both positive and negative, I am constantly mirrored such to a fairly equal extent. Whether I like this or not ultimately manifests itself on an entirely different page. I am certain you have you noticed the underlining of the word "and". As a matter of fact, two opposites do not always necessarily have to exclude but may very well and actually tend to quite frequently include or rather complement one another. That's the true beauty in regards to the profound complexity of human psychology. Just join me on a brief thought endeavor outside the box. If I allow the scale to increasingly tip to the negative and at the same time further away from the positive, I shall encounter about the very same if not the identical mindset in others within my immediate environment. Okay, by me gravitating towards the less favorable pole, I will naturally attract alike while simultaneously repulsing the exact contrary, the positive. Am I automatically "notified"about that change of direction? Well, luckily, I have learnt to raise my level of awareness to the point of becoming correspondingly alarmed. So, in that sense, yes, I do get the memo, and what's more, it rarely passes unnoticed. Whether I like the sensation of knowingly causing more of those unsettling ripples? No, of course not, but would I be roaming around as a still mediocre soul myself had I finally mastered that specific crux? Anyway, in that incredibly dense because multi- layered interplay of "pulling" and "pushing" such as beautifully demonstrated in martial arts forms like Tai Chi, for instance, we all too paradoxically not just either pull close or push away but equally draw AND repel as well. I may easily find myself tricked into assuming that I am rejected by both certain situations and people when in reality it is I who virtually refuses to accept the good mirrored by my opposite but instead prefer to stubbornly focus on the negative. And now listen to that: This is usually all that I basically disapprove of entirely! Blindspots all those subconsciously dumped negative behaviors are professionally referred to in psychology. You may wonder why up to this point I have not yet explicitly mentioned the position of the soul in all of that? Well, in fact, the time was just not right for that yet. Although our souls reincarnate for the primary purpose of persistently sticking to learning, correcting and lastly advancing on most specific and self- determined Karmic lessons through our five physical senses, their ultimate mission consists in putting their co- partners both in check and in place. Our Egos have an all too narcissistic tendency when it comes to blowing out of any reasonable proportions. So the soul's force entails in showing its curtailing effect on the individual soul should it stray. Since duality is deeply engrained even there, underdeveloped and inferior egos are often in acute need of being vamped up and boosted which is also performed by the soul. From that perspective, the perception of repulsion, rejection, negation, denial, etc.- even though clearly counterparts, antagonists or shadow sides of attraction, acceptance or tolerance - ultimately reveals itself being nothing but a fractured and blinding illusion created out of the sentiment of separation from the yin and yang based wholeness. Last but not least, this leads me right back to my opening statement of man being precisely what he attracts and repulses.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ridiculous!

Ridiculous!   - A belated Hello back to my blog! - I was writing this a few days ago as we were sitting on the plane to Chisasibi in the far north east of Quebec, Canada. We flew out of Montreal which is definitely not a small town airport. Anyways, what we went through was the epitome of aggravation. Having been to many airports already, I'm kind of used to the generally time- consuming ordeals starting with the self- check- in counters, security check points, passport controls, mile- long jogs to the gates, baggage claim, customs, etc. I really thought I'd seen it all - until last Monday morning. After surprisingly having been checked in by an actual person, we were finally headed towards Departures. I could not believe my eyes once we turned around the corner and spotted hundreds of passengers waiting in line. What the heck?! First, we were funneled in what seemed half a mile away from the actual security check point and then driven in long snake lines just like cattle. I g...
Buy small and local   Hi everybody! - Coming from a tiny country like Austria, one might assume that globalisation is just a phenomenon tailored for larger nations, but no, it has also been affecting us all across Europe. Globalisation itself is of complex nature, and even though I'm not planning to write about globalisation per se today, it somehow dictates our overall shopping behavior by bringing in more and more big box chain stores worldwide which sets the general trend for methodically and eventually putting local small family- run as well as individualists' shops out of business. In the 70ies I remember mom and dad taking us along to a wide range of stores from the baker to the butcher, the grocer's, the florist, the hard ware place, the electrician, the tobacco store, etc. What great memories our weekly trips to the market created for us. There we would hand- pick fresh fruit, produce, and other delicacies. Sometimes we would even get a piece of fruit or a carrot fo...
Money Destroys The World   - This morning's news segment about a supposedly renowned US dog breeder corporation having neglected thousands of dogs has once more proven that quality is sacrificed for the sake of quantity which is linked to the sad fact that everything revolves around money only.  In order to increase and multiply profits, more volume of less quality has become the clearly chosen option everywhere. No doubt, we are dealing with a huge problem on a global scale, but still I feel that this country doesn't even bother masking the issue at times. That's just not fair towards the people here! Lies and false promises are the epitome of hypocrisy, all for the sake of making more money. Absolutely sickening! Just imagine, you would like to purchase a dog from a good breeding stock, and you are willing to pay more, but what you get is often not what you've been promised, no even worse guaranteed. The worst thing though, the paper work assures you that things are o...