Skip to main content
Manners matter  I don't know about you, but I was raised to be a polite person, and well- equipped with an overly stacked repertoire of good manners, I don't mind at all using Please and Thank You abundantly. My dad's scorn would still reach me across the big pond if he got the word that I was not courteous. Voicing these two golden key words Please and Thanks should never be a big deal but a natural feature of all those who would like to be looked at as civilized and compassionate human beings. Besides, these two little words often work wonders and create a positive sensation in both you and your addressee. Good manners is something I really miss here quite a bit especially among today's youth. Here a little anecdote. As entertainers my significant other and I went to a birthday gig at a VFW hall a couple of weeks ago. While I was sitting at the bar, I was watching a whole bunch of kids run around and interact with one another. A kid approximately 12 or 13 approached the bar and asked me for the bar tender's name. I responded saying that I didn't know which was a lie, but somehow I could tell what was going to happen next. "Hey you!" The boy yelled across the counter. I leaned over and said to him: " How about asking, Sir can I please have another soda?" The kid gave me that blank stare of a fossiled bull frog. After what seemed a minute or two, he nodded in a rather defeated and intimidated manner. I encouraged him again this time in a softer voice. "You'll be fine. Just give it a try." The boy stammered what I had just suggested and was apparently quite taken by surprise at the old bar tender's joyful reaction. I could not let him off the hook yet and asked him teasingly. "And did it hurt to be polite?" I am pretty sure, I gave this young fellow something to think about as he walked away slurping his Dr. Pepper's. Due to my profession as a teacher I am used to dealing with whimsical and mouthy kids and teenagers. Believe me, a lot of those obnoxious little bastards with huge attitudes are wild brats in my country too, but manners almost all of them have, or at least they recollect them in certain situations. Here time and time again I witness young people in masses, so to speak, whose manners clearly appear to have gone missing in action provided they ever existed. But then just look at those kids' parents! If not them, who else should teach all those enfants terribles good manners?
Right their teachers should do this job. Implement a course called Courtesy into the basic curriculum, and pound some manners into these little blown- up egos long before they reach adolescence. This way they would fairly smartly turn their families around and evolve into compassionate, considerate and courteous adults passing along this wisdom completely naturally. Manners -good ones- do matter to make a difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS Hello everyone! - Today I would like to use a couple of minutes of your time to promote a multitude of e- books which can all be found at very reasonable prices on Amazon. Com under my pen name, NIKA LEANDRA . By now, I have written all kinds of different stories both in English and German. Currently, I am about to finish just another novel in German which should hit the market by April of this year.  Over the last few years I have been publishing hundreds and hundreds of blog entries in English as well as in German on a rather regular base all of which I have selflessly offered at no charge to you.  Now I am reaching out to you, my estimated readers, specifically asking for active YOUR help. Please, start supporting me by acquiring, reading and recommending my works so my career as a book author may finally take off.  Thanks, and God bless you all! Yours sincerely, M. M. 

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)   - Die Dauer unserer Zusammenkünfte mit anderen Seelen mag von einigen Minuten bis hin zu einer Stunde, einem Tag, einer Dekade oder sogar darüber hinaus variieren. Das zeichnet uns grundsätzlich alle aus. Beziehungen lassen sich niemals zeitlich messen sondern vielmehr in geteilten wie gegenseitig beigebrachten Lebenslektionen und kommen durchaus auch zwischen Seelengefährten, Zwillings- und rein theoretisch auch unter Parallelseelen vor. Letztere aber treffen recht unwahrscheinlich zur selben Zeit zusammen. - Lasst mich zuerst auf das Konzept der Zwillingsseelen, Zwillingsflammen oder auch Zwillingsstrahlen eingehen. Kurz zusammengefasst, handelt es sich hierbei um zwei Hälften EIN und DERSELBEN Seele, die zu Anbeginn der Zeit in absolut harmonischer Koexistenz lebten. Selbst als wir uns als Seelen von DER Quelle an sich abspalteten, um uns letztendlich zu individualisieren, waren wir unverändert eins. Jede Seel

Follow The Stars (II)

Follow The Stars (II)   - Over the years I've done quite a few astrological sessions, and I've got to say, the majority had come into that clearly anticipating some fortune telling or rather future- perspective oriented readings but ultimately turned out to be genuinely reconciled and highly grateful for what they had got instead. Thank God, only a handful and thus a ridiculously marginal percentage has turned away, obviously too frustrated or bored with my request to stick with me for the purpose of being taught the basics of their own natal charts, so they could at any later point in time fully relate to the entire matter and recall the details. Those few individuals, though quite likely never had the intention nor the serious interest to truly learn about themselves to begin with and as a result wasted both my time and theirs. Astrology is definitely not some kind of shallow party gag or THE tool of accurate fortune- telling but a renowned and insightful science which hasn&#