Skip to main content
Driving at 16 - really? Is a 16 year- old minor truly capable of grasping the indefinite scope of actions and reactions as an active traffic participant? I doubt it. In my country you have to be 18 to get a driver's license, and even that age I consider as too immature at times looking at our horrific national accident stats. We are obligated to attend a minimum number of courses both theoretical and practical, and believe me, acquiring a license in Austria does cost you an arm and a leg at around 1500 Euro which equals 1800 US Dollar. That is a complete rip- off and nothing to promote, for sure. However, in this country, there is absolutely no sense of appreciation whatsoever when it comes to getting your licence as you only pay about one hundred dollar for administration services. Furthermore schooling here is an option but not mandatory. Sure you have to sit through a four- hour class of so- called overall schooling before taking the driving or road test, but this is doubtlessly beyond any comparison. After my one- year valid international licence had expired, I went online and studied all variations of possible answers within a multiple choice program. Before I went down to DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle) here, I had most certainly taken the online trial tests as I did not want to make a fool out of myself. I passed with flying colors and went on to that pseudo schooling class. You should have seen that bunch of girls and guys there that day! This was truly the epitome of ignorance paired with juvenile stupidity and absolute I- give- a- f...- mentality. I really felt sorry for that woman trying to teach that indifferent and disrespectful crowd. I was the only one sympathetically responding at all! No clue at all when certain traffic situations were laid out for us. Once in a while some hooded head would slightly turn towards me as I was talking about how schooling worked in Austria, and how difficult, expensive and thus highly appreciated it was to obtain the pink slip after an ordeal of months. Here nobody really seems to care a bit about possibly losing their licences, but back home we do care, and as a consequence drunk driving is still comparably small of an issue. Anyway, I finished that morning class, and a few months later I was scheduled for the actual road test. I passed although the examiner had deliberately steered me into stupid traps instead of focusing on realistic scenarios. Thousands and thousands of under- aged kids get in too powerful vehicles and end up getting killed due to an obvious lack of technical and practical knowledge as well as inexperience. And exactly this could be easily changed by better and more profound obligatory schooling, higher fees and a minimum age of at least 18 if not 21. Just reflect upon this: You are allowed to drive at 16 but need to be 21 to legally reach your drinking age. You are not of age until 21, but you are supposed to take full responsibility at 16 once you get your licence. You cannot vote until the age of 21, whereas you may drive a car, cause a deadly accident and go to jail. The equation here clearly fails, don't you think so?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS Hello everyone! - Today I would like to use a couple of minutes of your time to promote a multitude of e- books which can all be found at very reasonable prices on Amazon. Com under my pen name, NIKA LEANDRA . By now, I have written all kinds of different stories both in English and German. Currently, I am about to finish just another novel in German which should hit the market by April of this year.  Over the last few years I have been publishing hundreds and hundreds of blog entries in English as well as in German on a rather regular base all of which I have selflessly offered at no charge to you.  Now I am reaching out to you, my estimated readers, specifically asking for active YOUR help. Please, start supporting me by acquiring, reading and recommending my works so my career as a book author may finally take off.  Thanks, and God bless you all! Yours sincerely, M. M. 

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)   - Die Dauer unserer Zusammenkünfte mit anderen Seelen mag von einigen Minuten bis hin zu einer Stunde, einem Tag, einer Dekade oder sogar darüber hinaus variieren. Das zeichnet uns grundsätzlich alle aus. Beziehungen lassen sich niemals zeitlich messen sondern vielmehr in geteilten wie gegenseitig beigebrachten Lebenslektionen und kommen durchaus auch zwischen Seelengefährten, Zwillings- und rein theoretisch auch unter Parallelseelen vor. Letztere aber treffen recht unwahrscheinlich zur selben Zeit zusammen. - Lasst mich zuerst auf das Konzept der Zwillingsseelen, Zwillingsflammen oder auch Zwillingsstrahlen eingehen. Kurz zusammengefasst, handelt es sich hierbei um zwei Hälften EIN und DERSELBEN Seele, die zu Anbeginn der Zeit in absolut harmonischer Koexistenz lebten. Selbst als wir uns als Seelen von DER Quelle an sich abspalteten, um uns letztendlich zu individualisieren, waren wir unverändert eins. Jede Seel

Follow The Stars (II)

Follow The Stars (II)   - Over the years I've done quite a few astrological sessions, and I've got to say, the majority had come into that clearly anticipating some fortune telling or rather future- perspective oriented readings but ultimately turned out to be genuinely reconciled and highly grateful for what they had got instead. Thank God, only a handful and thus a ridiculously marginal percentage has turned away, obviously too frustrated or bored with my request to stick with me for the purpose of being taught the basics of their own natal charts, so they could at any later point in time fully relate to the entire matter and recall the details. Those few individuals, though quite likely never had the intention nor the serious interest to truly learn about themselves to begin with and as a result wasted both my time and theirs. Astrology is definitely not some kind of shallow party gag or THE tool of accurate fortune- telling but a renowned and insightful science which hasn&#