Skip to main content

Sweet Little Sixteen

Sweet Little Sixteen - I'm sure that by now you know me that well that you can tell that the title once more is meant to be - tongue in cheek - misleading and not right away too obvious. Of course, I'm not going to talk about THE milestone of every US girl turning 16 but rather about the hideous female pants size 16. When I moved here, I was still a solid 10, but by now I've crept up an impressive 3 (x2) sizes. Happy Birthday, sweet buttocks! You've finally reached 16! Needless to say, I am not thrilled about this gradual development at all, but believe it or not, this is actually not the point here, at least not today. As you can tell from my last couple of posts, I've been reflecting quite a bit on nutritional faux pas lately. Just because food is abundantly available in this country 24/ 7, this does certainly not automatically shift the blame of being as heavy as never before from me to ... well, unknown. Sure enough, I can only blame myself for regularly shoving too much of all that unhealthy crap into my mouth, nobody else. Am I addicted to certain foods? Absolutely as food is really comforting and soothing for my soul. So are most folks by the way because the food industry deliberately alters the chemical make- up of foods to boost their sales significantly. Let's take a closer look at the so- called main food culprits which are all known to keep both the appetite and the Body Mass Index (BMI) going through the roof. Salt I talked about twice this month already. How and why water retention caused by an excessive salt intake eventually leads to permanent weight gain is still a mystery to me though. Nothing really indicates a predicament like this from just ingesting too much sodium. Then there's sugar which - if consumed frequently and too much of- bears a terrific chance of developing Type II Diabetes. You certainly do not wish to ultimately end up having to stick to a drastically reduced choice of foods plus artificial insulin for the rest of your life. Last but not least, fat is generally condemned ever the more for it supposedly builds up plaque and hence clogs the arteries quite possibly resulting in a heart attack or stroke. Sure enough, a few fats do still make a difference, but let's be honest, the overall uneducated opinion is rather negative. Hm, fat alone seems pretty impotent to me. After all, I know of nobody who would just lick a stick of butter or enjoy a few spoon- fulls of lard. As usual it is the combination of all the components that matters. What still tastes best (to me) is sugar and fat, and lately they've started to even add salt to that lethal duo. Personally, I don't care for this triple combo, but the high number of followers speaks for itself as none of that would exist otherwise. In a documentation about foods that are enriched with salt and sugar alike, I learnt that we quickly start craving more of the same because of its highly sophisticated chemical composition. This, on the other hand, will eventually lead to ailments and diseases worse than we've known so far, and weight gain is just the tip of the iceberg. On this note, I just hope to be able to avoid having to say Happy 18 within the coming years. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS

NIKA LEANDRA'S BOOKS Hello everyone! - Today I would like to use a couple of minutes of your time to promote a multitude of e- books which can all be found at very reasonable prices on Amazon. Com under my pen name, NIKA LEANDRA . By now, I have written all kinds of different stories both in English and German. Currently, I am about to finish just another novel in German which should hit the market by April of this year.  Over the last few years I have been publishing hundreds and hundreds of blog entries in English as well as in German on a rather regular base all of which I have selflessly offered at no charge to you.  Now I am reaching out to you, my estimated readers, specifically asking for active YOUR help. Please, start supporting me by acquiring, reading and recommending my works so my career as a book author may finally take off.  Thanks, and God bless you all! Yours sincerely, M. M. 

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)

Seelenpartner, Zwillingsseelen, ... Alles Aus Einer Einzigen Seele (II)   - Die Dauer unserer Zusammenkünfte mit anderen Seelen mag von einigen Minuten bis hin zu einer Stunde, einem Tag, einer Dekade oder sogar darüber hinaus variieren. Das zeichnet uns grundsätzlich alle aus. Beziehungen lassen sich niemals zeitlich messen sondern vielmehr in geteilten wie gegenseitig beigebrachten Lebenslektionen und kommen durchaus auch zwischen Seelengefährten, Zwillings- und rein theoretisch auch unter Parallelseelen vor. Letztere aber treffen recht unwahrscheinlich zur selben Zeit zusammen. - Lasst mich zuerst auf das Konzept der Zwillingsseelen, Zwillingsflammen oder auch Zwillingsstrahlen eingehen. Kurz zusammengefasst, handelt es sich hierbei um zwei Hälften EIN und DERSELBEN Seele, die zu Anbeginn der Zeit in absolut harmonischer Koexistenz lebten. Selbst als wir uns als Seelen von DER Quelle an sich abspalteten, um uns letztendlich zu individualisieren, waren wir unverändert eins. Jede Seel

Follow The Stars (II)

Follow The Stars (II)   - Over the years I've done quite a few astrological sessions, and I've got to say, the majority had come into that clearly anticipating some fortune telling or rather future- perspective oriented readings but ultimately turned out to be genuinely reconciled and highly grateful for what they had got instead. Thank God, only a handful and thus a ridiculously marginal percentage has turned away, obviously too frustrated or bored with my request to stick with me for the purpose of being taught the basics of their own natal charts, so they could at any later point in time fully relate to the entire matter and recall the details. Those few individuals, though quite likely never had the intention nor the serious interest to truly learn about themselves to begin with and as a result wasted both my time and theirs. Astrology is definitely not some kind of shallow party gag or THE tool of accurate fortune- telling but a renowned and insightful science which hasn&#